MENDAKI Club, or MClub, is a community of Malay/Muslim young professionals and students who are engaged in affairs concerning the community, Singapore and the world. We engage in strategic youth development initiatives and participate actively in discussions on current developments in the local and global arena. We also strive to build bridges within the Malay/Muslim community, and between our community and other communities, to promote mutual understanding and cooperation.
MClub was launched in 2000 by then-DPM Lee Hsien Loong and constantly seeks new and interested individuals to be part of its growing community. As a registered society affiliated to the Malay/Muslim Self-Help Group Yayasan MENDAKI, the activities and programmes of MClub are largely organised and run by volunteers from a wide range of professions and backgrounds.
- 2000 – MClub Launched by then DPM-Lee Hsien Loong (with pro-tem exco)
- 2001 – First Exco Established
- 2004 – Launch of Mentoring Initiative with AJC
- 2004 – Launch of Young Minds Club
- 2005 – Launch of Talent Development Programme (replacing the Mentoring initiative)
- 2006/7 – MClub undertakes CAre (Career Awareness) Programme for NA/NT Students as part of CLF
- 2007 – MClub organises 2 forums of globalisation as part of CLF efforts
- Sep 2007 – MClub Conversations Series Begins
- Dec 2007 – Graduation of First YMC Batch
- 2010 – 10th Anniversary Dinner
- 2010 – Formulation of Leadership Incubator
- 2011 – Talent Development Programme Project C Cube
- 2011 – Young Minds Club Overseas Community Project
- 2012 – Launch of MClub Mentoring Initiative